EMRC - Nigeria
EMRC are consultants and advisers in energy markets, regulation and transaction advisory.
Our deep knowledge of the regulatory framework and power market in Nigeria is built on unrivalled project experience. Members of our staff were major advisers to NERC, BPE and PHCN during the restructuring of the Nigerian Power sector. Since then, we have provided authoritative ongoing advice to 9 of the 11 privatised discos, a genco and a number of IPP developers in the newly privatised business environment. As a result, we have built a deep understanding of the regulatory and power market frameworks in Nigeria.
Support that we have provided in Nigeria includes:
- - Transaction advisory support
- - Supporting Distribution Company Management
- - Feasibility studies for proposed Independent Power Plants (IPPs)
- - Business Plans and Loss Reduction Plans.
- - Regulatory tariff negotiations
- - Regulatory support and compliance
- - Renewable generation
- - Contracting arrangements, including PPAs, Vesting Contracts, and Privatisation Agreements
- - Assessment of transmission evacuation capacity
- - Training and capacity building
Our firm has been operational since 2010 as the UK and Nigerian businesses of the former Mercados EMI. We changed our name to EMRC in January 2016.
For more information on EMRC visit energy-mrc.com